It’s understandable that an office is a place of work however it is also a place that someone spends the majority of their life working. Being in a dull and lifeless office environment really can drain people and ultimately when someone is not happy in the environment they are working in then they tend to be less productive. As a a business owner it would be a good idea to create a healthy and lively office to inspire your employees to work harder and you might find that they even enjoy themselves at work. So here are 5 ways to brighten up your office:
Everyone needs to take a break every once in a while and an office game is a great way to take a 5 minute break to relax or even to boost work morale. There of course is the original game of chucking scraps of paper in the bin but why not take that further and invest in a basketball net above the bin or even a mini dartboard.
Sometimes the colours in offices are so bland that it in turn can make a person feel bland. With Deedman office plant hire your office will have a new lease of life and will be a lot brighter, not to mention that it will teach your employees the importance of care in their work as they care for the plants.
Some people can find the motivational posters that are often branded round offices a bit patronising but truthfully it is never a good idea to just have blank walls. Whether you plaster your logo on the wall or simply put up a notice board never leave your walls as a blank canvas.
Most people in offices will have their own desk and somehow become very territorial over their area so why not allow your employees to make it their own and personalise their desk with a few office ornaments.
Office Food Cupboard/Fridge
Having an area with food or a fridge is a great idea to keep your staff motivated. Having food will have them working hard to get to lunchtime and then in turn working hard to finish the day. It’s almost like the stick and the carrot.
When it comes to leaflet distribution marketing, it is counterproductive to allocate some personnel to plan and run the campaign. It is much more efficient to hire a leaflet distribution Kent campaign to do everything for you. A lot of companies recognize this which gives the distribution industry the opportunity to flourish. As of now, there are thousands of leaflet distribution companies offering their services around the world. And just like in any other industry, there are organizations which try to take advantage of this opportunity to make money easily. In every area, there will be several leaflet distribution companies which run scams. And here are the different leaflet distribution scams you need to avoid.
- Non-delivery – One of the factors critical to the success of a leaflet distribution campaign is the delivery of the leaflets to the potential customers. There are distribution contractors which promise to deliver the leaflets however, they will not go through with the arrangement.
- Postcode sector – Some leaflet distribution companies would overcharge clients claiming it will cost more to run a distribution campaign on the desired target area. Do not bargain with such company but look for another company instead.
- Low cost – With a lot of competition in the distribution industry, there are companies offering low rate services. Though leaflet distribution companies use this to acquire clients, they would sometimes do a poor job or their employees would due to the low compensations they are getting. It is much better to acquire services with reasonable rates so you can expect better service.
- Verification – It is hard even for the distribution companies to verify if their employees went and distribute to the designated target area. Some would simply claim they have verified that the distribution campaign was conducted properly. Make sure to inquire how they verify this. If they are using a GPS or other effective means, then their claim is credible.
- Targeting – There are times when the client company has an idea of their desired target but does not know the exact location of their target. Leaflet distribution companies would help the client choose the target area for them. However, make sure to check their process or system of selecting a target area and if it is good or simply done in random.
- Contract – Always make sure to read the contents of a contract no matter how short it is. Some companies would add hidden charges and fees in the contract to scam their client.
- Timescale – There are companies which want to run a leaflet distribution campaign right away in a short period. If you are planning such campaign, inquire if the distribution company has sufficient personnel to run the campaign in your desired timescale.
- Multi-drop – There are companies which will run your leaflet distribution campaign along with other campaigns to save time and effort. Do not hire such companies as your business could potentially lose customers and credibility.
- Fake review – If you are trying to read reviews about a leaflet distribution company, do not check their website as they can filter the reviews. It is better to check independent review websites to get a realistic view about the company performance.
- Google complaint – Companies providing poor services or doing scams would often get negative reviews online. Check if the company is trying to hide these reviews by flooding positive fake reviews.
So you’re a freelancer? That’s working well for you for now. You’re making some money and you’re your own boss. There is a difference however between being a freelancer and starting your own business. As a freelancer you don’t need to follow any rules. In fact you make your own rules. But when the time comes that you do full go into business things need to change, like getting an office in Shoreditch.
Here are a few tips on how to get started.
Working From Bed
If you’re ready to start your own business working from your bed needs to go! Working in an office means it gets you out of bed and into a productive environment of work. When you decide to hire staff you can’t ask them to work from bed nor can you ask them to come over and work. Working from an office is the expected standard.
At home organisation tends to go a bit out of the window. All of your important documents can definitely be found but they are in no manner in an organised form. Having an office means you have a clear space in order to maintain your documents, in fact you might find that it makes work a lot easier.
With freelance work it’s quite easy to arrange meetings in public places and that is due to the fact that you have a more personal relationship with clients. However as a business you need to work on a more professional level, especially to maintain a long-term relationship. Having an office means you can regularly schedule business meetings and keep strictly to business.
Believe it or not having a great office can lead to a great reputation. Before you can even discuss business with your client they will already be impressed, paving the way for you to seal the deal.
Nowadays, hundreds if not thousands of beer companies are operating throughout the world. Some are large and well-known companies while others are operating in a local area. Regardless of the size of operation, all beer companies know that beer bottle packaging is important. And with this, there are companies manufacturing beer bottles to make profit. For someone just starting a new beer business, choosing the right beer bottle packaging will be crucial in the business. Here are some tips on what to consider for your beer bottle packaging.
- Availability – Since you are running in business and beer bottles can be broken which cannot be reused, it is important to make sure that your company will have a steady supply of beer bottle packaging throughout the year and for long term. Do not consider beer bottle packaging companies which could stop their operation in just a few years.
- Color – Though most beer bottles have darker colors to prevent light from penetrating the beer, you must select a color which can make your company standout while balancing the lifespan of your beer.
- Cost – The cost of the bottle should be considered. It must not take a significant part of your profit. It would be pointless if all your sales will just go to purchasing new beer bottles.
- Design – Just like the color, the design can help your beer standout from the competition. Making a distinct beer bottle design would be the wiser choice for newly established beer companies. Make sure the beer bottle packaging companies can manufacture your unique design easily. Complicated bottle designs would often mean extra charge.
- Logo – The logo is very important. If the beer bottle packaging company can print the logo to your bottles then that would be great. If not, consider different ways to have your logo in the bottle for the market to identify your product from the rest of the beers.
- Quality- Beer bottles should not be easily broken nor get affected by low temperature. Try to look for quality bottles which will fit your budget.
- Size – The size of the bottle should also be considered. There are many beer companies which provide different sizes of beer bottles. If you are just starting, just focus on getting your product and brand exposed before providing more options for the customers.
Always remember that the quality of your beer bottle should match the quality of your beer. After all, your customer will remember your product the most if your beer tastes great.
Companies cannot acquire all the raw materials necessary for production in one place or supplier. They will contract with several suppliers in order to get all the materials needed for production. The distance between the company and the suppliers also differ. Some suppliers are local while others are from other regions in the nation. There are even companies which contract international suppliers and import raw materials. Even with these differences, there is one thing common between these suppliers and that is the company has to move the raw materials from suppliers to the company. Transporting raw materials can be costly which include the transportation cost and taxes needed to move the supplies. And when it comes to moving raw materials, logistics is the only way for cargo to travel.
Logistics which mainly focuses on the management of business operation including the flow of raw materials provides a systematic method to evaluate current route, transport means and schedule and make changes in order to make the flow of raw materials more efficient. Aside from evaluating the current ways for cargo to travel, logistics experts also scan the market and look for available options which can lower the total transport cost or if they can use multiple cargo companies in order to move the cargo efficiently.
In looking for means to increase the efficiency in transporting raw materials from suppliers into the company, logistics experts will determine whether the best way for cargo to travel is by land, air, sea or a combination of two or more ways. If they decided to use multiple ways, they can then determine if some stages of transporting raw materials can be done by securing their own transportation vehicle and if by doing so, the cost will significantly decrease. Some companies which are using multiple suppliers of the same raw materials will often choose to hire transport companies especially if the distance between the company and the supplier is great. For local suppliers, oftentimes they will inquire if the supplier can transport the raw materials to the company themselves. There are companies that are strict with their security protocol which often choose to use their own transportation vehicles to gather the raw materials from the suppliers.
Regardless of how the company determine the route and transportation means for the cargo to travel, they will rely on logistics and for the experts to come up with the most efficient solution in order to lower the cost while keeping the raw materials on top quality throughout the whole travel.
There are many reasons why a company will switch to another IT support provider. It could be the current provider performs poorly and does not generate significant results. It could be the contract is too expensive. It could also be the company data and customer information are compromised. Or it could be that the IT support provider cannot provide new services when the changes of the company. However, regardless of the reasons, it is a fact that a company will simply switch once it finds a much better IT support provider that the existing one. And here are some useful tips to make sure you switch to a better provider.
- Research potential provider thoroughly – You will hardly know anything about the potential IT support companies you are considering. Therefore, it is important to thoroughly research about the potential providers. You can size the potential provider by checking on their financial status, years of experience and number of employees.
- Conduct a site visit – Even a site visit which the potential IT support provider knows in advance could tell you a lot of things. You will know how the provider operates and get a feel on the company atmosphere once you tour the site during their business operation.
- Solicit proposals – The best way to know how the potential provider will handle your IT support is to inform them of the company situation and have them provide a proposal on their approach in providing your company IT support.
- Ask for references – Asking for references and contacting these references will provide you a better idea about the provider and by asking the right questions, even a reference informed by the IT support provider in advance will still help you know the provider better.
- Examine competency – When it comes to IT support, you need to consider the equipment, personnel, workplace and the operation process. These and other factors important to your company should be examined to get a grasp about the level of competency of the IT support company.
- Check for competition on existing clients – When hiring an IT support provider, you are giving access to sensitive data, tools, software and practices of your company. You must check if the provider has any existing client which is on the same industry with your company to know whether there is a risk of leaking important company information.
- Compare with existing IT support provider – You already know almost everything about your existing IT support provider therefore you can compare your existing IT support provider with the potential providers to know if the new provider is better than the existing company.
Regardless of how you try to look for a better IT support provider, do not switch unless you are getting significant upgrade since transitioning from your current provider to a new one will require effort, time and resources. If you are looking for a change, check out ARC systems UK.
Business is a high-risk high-return industry. People who engage in business are lured on the big opportunity to gain profits in the market. It also frees people from supervision by being the boss of their own company. And when it comes to getting rich, having a business has a higher chance compared to working for someone else if done properly. However, business is a very challenging affair with thousands of competition.
Even a local business will have several competitors in the area. Companies competing in the same industry will try to outdo one another making it a lot harder to separate and standout from the rest of the competition. Companies will invest a significant amount of its resources for any marketing strategy which help them become the number one in their industry.
There are many marketing strategies companies use to make them more appealing in the market and generate more profits than the competition. One is through advertising which can be done using magazines or television. Another is promotion with their products using discounts or sales. There is also a popular trend in business known as online marketing. It utilizes the power of internet with great reach and low cost. Lastly, using personalised t-shirts both inside and outside the company.
T-shirt customisation has been recently gaining ground among companies. They provide personalised t-shirts to their employees, customers and prospects. T-shirt printing is used by having the company brand, logo or ironed into the t-shirt. The design will last longer than printed design.
T-shirt customisation provides many business opportunities for the company. When printed t-shirts is used as company uniforms, employees will feel a sense of pride and identity. They know they belong to a company and contributing to the success of the business every time they see the printed design. This boost in moral can lead to improve work performance and satisfaction of the employees. For the loyal customers, getting a personalised t-shirt from the company makes them feel appreciated for their continued patronage of the products and services and their contribution to the growth of the business. By using t-shirt printing and distributing printed t-shirts with company brand, logo or product at the front or back will contribute to advertising the company and increase the business presence of the company over the market.
The cost of using t-shirt printing for the business as a marketing strategy is far cheaper compared to using television or billboards for advertisement. If you haven’t used t-shirt printing for your company, consider utilizing this strategy to open business opportunities for your company and visit http://www.printsome.com/t-shirt-printing-uk.
Office supplies are important in running a business. These includes items directly used for business transactions or used by employees in order to function properly during work. These supplies are consumed in regular basis and restocking them frequently will take a chunk of funds. The importance of office supplies for the company operation makes it hard for companies to lower the quantity of supplies distributed in the office. However, this does not mean that it is not possible to cut the cost allocated for supplies. Here are several useful tips in how to save money on office supplies.
- Evaluate Inventory & Consumption Rate – Blindly stocking on supplies is not a good idea. Doing a monthly inventory and evaluating the consumption rate of the office supplies will provide a clear picture on which supplies are frequently used and which are rarely consumed.
- Research Online Or Offline – Researching on prices and offers by supply companies. Many supply companies will discount office supplies. There are also reviews and feedbacks which can help you check the quality of office supplies.
- Avail Loyalty Program – Loyalty programs are one way which companies discount office supplies. Some will also reward loyalty points which can later be converted to free office supplies. Check several supply companies to know which will provide higher discount office supplies.
- Purchase In Bulk – Frequently used office supplies will cost less if purchased in bulk. These items will be consumed right away so it will save money and effort when compared to purchasing these items frequently.
- Reuse & Recycle – Paper is the most common office supply which can be reused. Non-sensitive documents can be used for printing on the other side for internal use or can be used for other purpose. Check alternative ways to reuse or recycle paper in your office instead of throwing them away.
- Use Coupons And Freebies – Newspapers and magazines often include coupons. Watch out for coupons from supply companies. There will always be freebies or discount office supplies which you can take advantage.
- Inquire About Purchase Contracts – If you are purchasing from one supplier, inquire about purchase contracts to save money on office supplies. Many companies will give additional discounts on office supplies for clients under contract.
- Consider Generic Brands – Though branded office supplies have higher quality than most generic supplies, try out generic office supplies with qualities on par among the branded office supplies. It is also better to check reviews and feedbacks concerning generic supplies to guide you with what office supplies to try. Consider getting small quantities of generic brand until you can be assure of the quality.
- Do Not Tolerate Corruption – Office supplies should only be use inside the office and for the business. Refrain from bringing supplies to your house or using them inappropriately.
There are still many ways to save money on office supplies. The important thing is to consider all possibilities and make use of your ingenuity to find ways in using the office supplies efficiently.
FCA or Financial Conduct Authority is an independent body in the United Kingdom which regulates the financial activities in the financial services industry. Its functions include regulating financial services provided by firms to consumers and maintaining the integrity of the financial markets in the United Kingdom. FCA has required financial firms to follow a set of regulations in order stabilize the financial market in the UK. Many companies have chosen to hire a compliance consultant in order to help them manage the compliance. Just how important is an FCA compliance consultant for your business and more important a compliance firm?
- Initial Risk Assessment – A compliance consultant will provide an initial risk assessment after evaluating the current compliance procedure of the company. This will help the management to get a clear picture on where their company stands in terms of FCA compliance.
- Business Development – Not all companies have set their business in accordance with the FCA regulations. The development of the business might be halt if the business practices of the company violate the FCA regulations. Compliance consultants will help prevent such undesired event in order to ensure continuous business development.
- Help With Procedures – FCA compliance consultants will not only provide an initial assessment for the company but will also contribute in developing proper procedures in compliance with the FCA regulations. They will then conduct a regular evaluation which could be monthly, quarterly or annual assessment in order to check if the procedures contribute to the development of the company or if some of these procedures can be refined further.
- File Audits – Financial statements are also required from the company to submit to the FCA. Compliance consultants can help organize and file audits that follows the guidelines set by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their assistance could help complete the task faster and free from errors.
- Technical Support – A compliance consultant can also provide technical support to the company in case necessary or if included in the contract. This will serve as an insurance for the company in case there are areas that the company had trouble dealing with.
- Training – A compliance consultant will not only help the company to comply the FCA regulations but also train company employees or managers to handle the compliance policies appropriately themselves. Compliance consultant firms provide intensive training to make companies independent in managing financial audits and meeting compliance requirements.
Though an FCA compliance consultant is important for your business, it is crucial that the company have complete control over firm and handle the important aspects in compliance. This will ensure that the audits and financial statements are correct. Compliance consultants will only serve as guide and assist the company to meet FCA requirements and regulations.
Toby & Kate McCartney is dedicated to helping people improve themselves and those around them by applying NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) methods. They offer certified training courses for NLP practitioners that include well-formed outcomes, representational systems, submodalities, and a lot more. They also have courses for hypnotherapy practitioners, a diploma course for NLP Coaching, as well as Toby’s Coaching Businesses that aims to help you start a smart and successful training or coaching business.
For aspiring trainers, you can take the NLP Trainers Training Program. It will give you the necessary tools in being an effective trainer. The course includes training on how to be an engaging speaker, how to deliver a full NLP syllabus, how to project confidence, and so much more.
Toby & Kate also provide manuals in PDF form for those who want to have study materials to work on which you can find in the website.
You can watch video testimonials of people who have joined Toby & Kate’s programs and see how much they have changed the way they deal with both life and business.
Tobyandkatemccartney.com also offer free weekend courses each month in London, UK called Foundation Weekend wherein you can join and see if NLP is for you. There, you can learn more about how NLP can make you and your business more successful with their help.