There are many reasons why a company will switch to another IT support provider. It could be the current provider performs poorly and does not generate significant results. It could be the contract is too expensive. It could also be the company data and customer information are compromised. Or it could be that the IT support provider cannot provide new services when the changes of the company. However, regardless of the reasons, it is a fact that a company will simply switch once it finds a much better IT support provider that the existing one. And here are some useful tips to make sure you switch to a better provider.
- Research potential provider thoroughly – You will hardly know anything about the potential IT support companies you are considering. Therefore, it is important to thoroughly research about the potential providers. You can size the potential provider by checking on their financial status, years of experience and number of employees.
- Conduct a site visit – Even a site visit which the potential IT support provider knows in advance could tell you a lot of things. You will know how the provider operates and get a feel on the company atmosphere once you tour the site during their business operation.
- Solicit proposals – The best way to know how the potential provider will handle your IT support is to inform them of the company situation and have them provide a proposal on their approach in providing your company IT support.
- Ask for references – Asking for references and contacting these references will provide you a better idea about the provider and by asking the right questions, even a reference informed by the IT support provider in advance will still help you know the provider better.
- Examine competency – When it comes to IT support, you need to consider the equipment, personnel, workplace and the operation process. These and other factors important to your company should be examined to get a grasp about the level of competency of the IT support company.
- Check for competition on existing clients – When hiring an IT support provider, you are giving access to sensitive data, tools, software and practices of your company. You must check if the provider has any existing client which is on the same industry with your company to know whether there is a risk of leaking important company information.
- Compare with existing IT support provider – You already know almost everything about your existing IT support provider therefore you can compare your existing IT support provider with the potential providers to know if the new provider is better than the existing company.
Regardless of how you try to look for a better IT support provider, do not switch unless you are getting significant upgrade since transitioning from your current provider to a new one will require effort, time and resources. If you are looking for a change, check out ARC systems UK.