Card meters is the new trend of electric meter. Millions of people are now switching to card meters the moment their power companies provide the option. There are a lot of advantages of having a card meter including in offices. However, regardless of the advantages of a card meter, it is not enough to rely on such advanced electric meter to lower electric bills. When it comes to your office, here are several useful tips to save on electric bills.
- Upgrade equipment – As consumers become conscious on their energy consumption, different industries have provided new equipment which are more energy efficient compared to their predecessors. If your office is still using old equipment, upgrading your office to new equipment will definitely lower energy consumption.
- Switch to laptops – Desktops consume a lot of electricity since it has many separate parts which require electricity. On the other hand, laptop is a single unit which consumes lesser electricity than desktops.
- Turn off equipment before leaving – Even if the equipment is not used but as long as it is on then it will consume some electricity regardless if it is on standby mode. Meanwhile, turning off equipment will certainly not consume electricity.
- Turn off lights before leaving – Lights still plays a large part of the energy consumption in the office. Having the employees practice switching off the lights before leaving or have a utility worker turn the lights off after office hours can save a lot on electric bills.
- Install weather strips – Installing weather strips is advantageous regardless of the season. Extreme heat from the sun cannot penetrate the office whereas heat inside the office is retained during winter. Weather strips do not consume electricity but can lessen the load of air conditioner or heater thus greatly lowering the energy consumption to maintain ideal working conditions.
- Modify temperature accordingly – In any season, there are peak hours where temperature is at its lowest or highest. By adjusting the air conditioner or heater output accordingly, energy consumption will be more efficient.
- Motion sensor – No matter how much practice and conscious office employees are in turning off lights and other equipment, human error will still occur every once in a while thus consuming electricity unnecessarily. A motion sensor is a great insurance to make sure that all equipment and lights are turned off after office hours.
And now you have many ways to efficiently save on electric bills in your office.